Adipex is a brand name for Phentermine which is a widely known diet pill. Although Phentermine comes under different brand names, the effects are mostly similar. Adipex is actually considered to be a stimulant which is similar to amphetamine. On the other hand, Phentermine is an appetite suppressant which works by affecting the central nervous system.
Important Information on Adipex
Adipex is one of the most recommended diet pills to aid in weight loss among obese patients. This is often prescribed when diet and exercise alone are no longer working. This is also the brand of Phentermine recommended for patients with risk factors. These includes but not limited to diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. However, Adipex is also strongly advised against those who have heart diseases such as congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, coronary artery disease and stroke. This is also the same for those with severe high blood pressure, glaucoma, overactive thyroid and a history of pulmonary hypertension. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not use this medication too.
Missed and Overdosage
In cases where you missed a dose, all you have to do is to take it as soon as you remember. It is not recommended however, for you to take an extra pill to make up for the missed one. On the contrary, if you have overdosed or have taken more than what is necessary and you start to feel unwell, it is necessary that you call for emergency assistance. Whenever you are taking Adipex diet pills, it is not recommended to drink alcohol since it may increase some of the pill’s side effects. It is also advised that you practice extra caution when driving or while doing activities that requires you to be alert since Adipex may cause your reactions and thinking to be impaireds.
Since Adipex is a Phentermine, side effects are expected. Some of the most common side effects are the following.
- Having a dry mouth or a lingering unpleasant taste in the mouth.
- Experiencing hyperactivity or feeling of restlessness.
- Experiencing tremors, headache and dizziness.
- It is also possible for some to experience sleep problems, the most common of which is insomnia.
- This may also cause constipation or diarrhea as well as an upset stomach.
- Some claims that it decreases one’s interest in sex and may also cause impotence.
Serious Side Effects
Those mentioned above are just the minor side effects and most of the time, it doesn’t’ need any medical attention. It is recommended for you to consult a physician immediately if you experience any of the following.
- Experiencing fluttering in the chest as well as pounding heartbeats.
- Shortness of breath especially if you experience it even with mild exertion.
- You may also feel shortness in breath and even mild exertion.
- Swelling of the ankles and feet.
- Unusual feeling of unexplained happiness or sadness.
- Being irritable and moody.
- Any unusual behavior or thought?